HCESC Head Start is part of the Hamilton County Educational Service Center. Head Start is a federal funded early childhood program designed to provide comprehensive services to young children and emphasizes parent engagement. The program serves children and families who are most at risk in the community.
The Head Start Federal Performance Standards reflect the highest expectations for comprehensive services to young children and families. Head Start partners with local school districts to serve their low income children.
- 3-5 year old children in half-day sessions
- Feeding of children during the session is provided through the CACFP
- Comprehensive educational program that focuses on the whole child
- Research-based curriculum and assessment system aligned with Ohio Early Learning and Development Standards and Federal Head Start Framework
- Ongoing assessment and data collection of child’s growth and development
- Vision and hearing screenings
- Developmental screenings
- Physical and dental examinations and follow-up
- Family engagement through home/school communications, conferences and home visits
- Family partnership agreements with parents are developed to achieve family goals
- Collaboration with community resources for medical, oral health, mental health and social services